Saturday, January 5, 2013

End of 2012 and Beginnig of 2013

Well as most of you know, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE OUR FIRST BABY! We found out on December 10th, when we went in for my first ultrasound and check up! We were 11 weeks along! (I did take home tests and they were positive however we just didn't want to truely believe them and later be dissapointed. Good thing we weren't!)
We shared the news the next evening with both of our parents and siblings! It was such a special day because it was 12-12-12 and Alijandro's mother's 58th birthday was on this very special day and we got to make it even more special! Telling my parents was amazing as well! They didn't see it coming and balled! This baby will be grandchild number 7 on Alijandro's side and number 1 on my side! The other fun thing is, the baby will be the number 1 great-grandchild AND great-great-grandchild on my side! We will definitely be taking a 5 generation picture once the baby is born!

We are just so excited to welcome this Little Lemanske into our home! As for what the baby is, we aren't sure.... YET! Hopefully Monday I will be able to find out with my second appointment! I will only be 16 weeks along, however I hope that the doctor will be able to tell during the ultrasound!

Hey something fun, how about you all guess!! Then we will see who was right! We would love a girl and I had a dream it was a boy! In the end, we hope the baby is healthy! So go ahead.... What do you think?!

2012 was a great and trying year. Yes, you read that right. Great and Trying. Without the trials we don't learn and we can't grow without learning, thus trials must come. Like the last blog said, we moved to Utah in the USA from Ledegem, Belgium. Let me remind you that both of our parents and siblings live in Europe, so it wasn't the easiest decision ever. However, when the Lord tells you to do something, you do it! (We wanted to move here, you still have to listen though!) Since the last post, we've sent in Alijandro's paperwork. October 22nd was definitely a hard day. Great, but hard day. I had the papers in hand, I was sure everything was okay. But giving them to someone else, to have sent across the country to Illinois was just mind boggeling. It brought tears to my eyes, but I knew for sure through revelation, that everything would be just fine.

Thanksgiving and Christmas was spent with our family members on my mom's side! We definitely have a blast, all 20 of us in this house! On Christmas we got to talk with my Uncle, Elder Hubbard, on skype who is serving his mission in the Dominican Republic. As we had big news, we were one of the first to get to talk to him! He is just doing amazing, he looks great and his Spanish is astounding! When we broke the news to him that he was going to be a GREAT Uncle, he was just stoked! The first thing he asked was "When are you do?!!!"

I received another calling in the ward. I'm now a teacher in the Relief Society! I love teaching, so this gives me some great practice for years to come!!

On December 31, 2012 I was so fed up with waiting for his work permit. I had the receipt numbers to look up the status, I just never wanted too, knowing that if one document stayed in the same processing stage for too long I would become stressed. However, this day was different. I knew I needed to look. What did I read, HIS WORK PERMIT WAS SENT ON DEC 31ST! What an amazing New Year's present! We were so stoked! We are hoping for it to arrive this week sometime and can't wait for Alijandro to start looking for a job! :)

We celebrated the New Year with some of our good friends from the ward who just recently had a baby! It was definitely a fun filled night and we are thankful for their invitation! We are also thankful that Chase (my youngest brother) wasn't able to light off all his fireworks this past summer so that we had some to light for New Years! He is the best for sharing with us! :)

On New Years day we went Sledding with some other great friends of ours! We had a blast up in Big Cottonwood Canyon! It was both of our first times to go sledding! :) And definitely not our last!

As for now, Tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY! And I'm pretty ... well i'm going to be surprised since my great husband has been sneaking around, and just letting me know not to ask what's going on! :P The one thing I said was, I want a Virgin Pina Colada for my 21st birthday! :D I'll be super ecstatic if I get one!

Other than all of that, we are health happy and ready for this New Year, full of BIG and Much appreciated blessings! We are greatful for all of you and we love you all! Happy New Year and may God guide you and bless you throughout it! - A & K

P.s More pictures are to come!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I wasn't following you! Don't worry, it's fixed! I'm guessing girl and congrats on the work permit! That is so great!:) Love you Kylee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing girl. So exciting for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete