Monday, July 16, 2012

Man oh Man!

Yesterday an investigator family came to church for the first time! (A mother, daughter, daughter, son and another daughter) They began investigating about a year ago, during the summer as well. They really liked the Elders that were teaching them because they spoke Spanish and French, and for this family who is from the Ivory Coast, that was the only two options. Thus they also asked if Alijandro would like to come and joint teach with them. After a few months and after the two Elders had left the area, this family wasn't really interested anymore. About 4-5 months later, I started seeing one of the daughters on the bus every Thursday morning. Her dutch was coming along, just like mine, so we could communicate. We exchanged numbers, and would text every once in a great while. About 2 months ago, we started to text more often and felt like better friends. A couple of weeks ago, she called me and asked me if we could come pray with them. My spirit couldn't jump any quicker, but my weak flesh held me back with questions of what did she mean and what time and I just didn't understand everything. So i gave the phone to Alijandro so that they could communicate in French. We left 30 min later. When we arrived, we were told that the youngest daughter/sister was having horrible nightmares, so we all prayed together for her. They set up an appt for a couple days later with the missionaries, and they gave her a blessing. That next sunday the oldest sister, my friend, and the youngest sister came to church with us. It was wonderful to have them, and I just couldn't be more happy to have them there. This week, I received a phone call from the mother, letting me know that the whole family would be there. I was JUMPING FOR JOY! I couldn't believe it and got right to trying to figure out how we would get them there with all the cars and what not. It was great and they all enjoyed it. Maybe a little long, but that's how it is in the beginning (or all the time :P) jk. But for investigators and children, the 3rd hour is just a lot especially when it's lunch time and they need to sit still for Sacrament meeting. Anyways, we had the two oldest girls came over to play games. They came at 5pm and we walked them home at 11pm. Man was it crazy, but super fun! We were so happy to be with them, and to try and let them fill the spirit!
So during the games I received a phone call, and to hear the voice on the other line was wonderful! Elder Hans Boom (area seventy of europe)! What a wonderful man (he was our stake president)! He started to speak to me in Dutch which was great to be able to show him my rad skills, and then on to English! He told me that he has Alijandro's cell number and Mine. He said "I need to get in touch with Alijandro. However, I decided to call your cell phone first." To which my response was laughter and "You are just too smart. Alijandro never answers his phone, so good thing you called me!" haha. Oh man! To funny.
After He and Alijandro were finished talking, Alijandro let me know that he was now called to be a Counselor for a group of Young Men during EFY instead of being my BC partner and photographer partner.  I'm happy for him to be able to influence the lives of these young men more then he would have been as a BC but now he can't help me as much as he would have, escpecially with pictures, AND we can't sleep together. Crazy, and it sounds like i'm kind of griping, Buttttt in the end, I want to serve the Lord and if that's how it is, then well, WONDERFUL! :)
This week Alijandro is off and we are going to enjoy our week together! Today, well we cleaned this morning and then just chilled, ate Ninja-ladas (enchiladas lol) and watched our favorite series at the moment, Greek. Tomorrow we are going to the market with his mom, hopefully having Lunch with her and going to the Containerpark. After that, we are going to see Madagascar 3 with some friends of ours from my school, Mojgan, Nadar and their son Parsa. They are from Iran and such wonderful people!! Wednesday we are going to get together again, and have a Kebap BBQ, which i guess is a tradition in Iran and i can't wait! Wednesday night is New Beginnings, and then Saturday we are going to France with the Branch to walk, look around and, go into some rad buildings and then go on a Boot tour! It's going to be a great week! Well that's that! Love and Happiness, Strength and Health, Safety and Christ's Guidance. Love, A & K

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I hope that family continues to come to church!!

    ReplyDelete